Thursday, May 7, 2009

Easter Candy Remix Cupcakes

This is what has been staring at me for weeks now...


This was what was left of the Easter basket I put together for my husband....well, I have a WAY bigger sweet tooth so in a way it always ends up mostly mine. I finally reached the point where the temptation to pig out on the leftover candy became too hard to resist and I just needed that candy out of my house! So I did what any reasonable person would do...I came up with a cupcake recipe to "hide" the candy in! :)


I used the mini Twix, Snickers bars, and Reeses's eggs from the basket in my Easter Candy Remix Cupcakes. I chopped up all the remaining candy and probably ended up with about 2 cups of chopped candy. It filled a cereal bowl (and yes, I thought about digging in with a spoon!)



I made a very simple yellow cake batter and cut back a bit on the sugar since I was adding so much candy. After stirring in the candy pieces and baking and cooling and frosting, these little cuties were the result!


I'm not sure these really helped curb the temptation, however. Because I obviously had to try one when they were finished and WOW were they good! The bite below shows a snickers piece in all its melty, chocolately, peanutty, caramely glory.


I'm so excited with how these turned out and can't wait to share/pawn them off on company this weekend!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I actually get cravings for Snickers sometimes. Some might call your cupcake gilding the lily, but I say it's DESSERT. Yum. What a way to hit the spot!