Monday, April 6, 2009

Baby Shower Cupcakes

I was so excited to make cupcakes for my friend's baby shower this past weekend! She chose navy blue, lime green and white for her nursery colors which I just love! So I worked those colors into the decorations along with the monogram of baby's first name.

I think the ribbons add a nice finishing touch...and an easy way to color coordinate with other shower decorations! This was my first attempt at using gumpaste. I had to color it first to get it to be navy and then after several failed attempts with fondant/cookie cutters, I ended up just drawing the "B's" in freehand. The nice thing about gumpaste was I was able to make the "B's" weeks in advance and store them away in an airtight container once they were dry. That left me with much less to do the night before the shower.
The white cupcake was a white chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream. And the chocolate cake had a peanut butter cup baked inside and was topped with dark chocolate buttercream.

Congratulations, Heather & Pete!

2 comments:

Cali Cakes said...

Soo cute! I love putting peanut-butter cups inside of cupcakes! Congratulations to your friends!

Cali Cakes said...

Yeah...they were soo easy to make too! And I got to munch on gram crackers and chocolate while I was making them! Lol!